Many excavations, constructions, and even large scale plumbing projects are often complicated, and oil tanks are one of them. Underground oil tanks aren’t harmful until a decade or 15 years of fitting, and these tanks can be dangerous after a particular period. Underground storage tank removal and installation both are complicated as they consist of fuel in it.
The process of oil tank removal can be a complicated and potentially hazardous activity. If a tank is leaking, then this is the serious issue that we need to take care of. Professional tank removal companies like Oil Tank Removal Sussex County NJ are specialized in the removal as well as installation of underground and above ground tanks. Following steps should be kept in mind while removing an oil tank:-
- Safety measures:-
While removing tank safety should be kept in mind because removing an oil tank can be hazardous as they consist of fuel in it. You must be worrying about the material inside the tank, but don’t worry, the company will take out the material first, and then they will take out the tank.
- Overseeing the removal process:-
On the part of your contractor, he should be able to perform the following things:
- He should have obtained the necessary permits.
- Empty tanks or he should have someone who can remove the material inside the tank.
- Excavate the tank system carefully, including the complete fitting.
- Dispose of the tank system, residues, and remaining oil to the authorized sites.
- Checks the signs of any leakage; if there are some signs, then he has to be more careful.
- Make sure that the place where he is going to excavate is hazard-free.
- The owner of the place must take supervision over the whole process.
These were the safety measures and the process. Removing an oil tank isn’t an easy task, and an individual can’t do it on its own. Choosing the right company can make work done easily by specialized skills in a particular task.